Are you looking for moving and packing tips from the experts in Hypoluxo? You are lucky. We have it. In fact, here we will share them with you.
- Make a reservation for mover about 2 to 4 weeks before the moving day.
- For large appliances, make sure you check the owner’s manuals to see whether there are special instructions for moving.
- Never get rid of your children’s favorite items before the move. Yes, even if it makes the move easier. Sometimes kids have a difficult time dealing with the change of the move itself.
- Keep in mind that by law, a mover can’t transport hazardous materials such as bottled gasses, gasoline and other flammables, explosives and ammunition.
- Pack a box of essential items which you will need immediately after the move. Also, make sure it is the last thing added to the truck.
- Clean out your closets, the basement and the attic as soon as you decide it is time to move.
- Get snacks for the move day.
- Schedule disconnect for about a week before you move. This way you will not have to pay for utilities when you aren’t even there.
- Cancel cable, cleaning help, newspaper, lawn services about a week before you move.
- Defrost your fridge the day before the move day.
- Take time so say goodbye to your friends and neighbors before the move day
- Don’t mix items from different rooms in the same box.
- To make closets easier to pack, you can use wardrobe boxes. Clothes that are in drawers can be placed in suitcases.
- Use small boxes and only small boxes for books. Remember, they get very heavy quickly.
- Don’t use printed newsprint to wrap your fine china.
- Stack dishes upwards when you pack them.
- Pack essential and sentimental documents separately so they can be accessed easily. This includes family records, children’s health records, passports, insurance information and photo albums.
- Always remember this: the heavier the item is, the smaller the box should be used.
- Don’t pack with food or supermarket boxes. After all, you don’t know what little critter is hiding or if the box is strong enough to support your belongings.
- Don’t use duct tape. Use packing tape instead.
- Label all boxes on top and side.
And remember, if you want to make your move smooth and quick, you can hire Hypoluxo movers.