Timetable for moving in Brickell Florida
When we talk about moving, it is important to plan. We can’t overemphasize that. For the first timer, it can be confusing where the process should start. Don’t worry. Here we have a timetable you can use to help you. We based it on the periods before the move.
Four weeks before
- Take a tour to your home and decide which items you should discard and which one you should donate to charity. You can also consider a moving sale.
- Call dentists and physicians. They may recommend a colleague of theirs near your new home. Also, get copies of renewable prescriptions.
- Transfer personal insurance records.
- Arrange transfer of school records.
Three weeks before
- Plan to use up most food items before you move.
- Movers can’t take flammables, aerosols, corrosives, propane tanks or ammunition. It is best to use them up or just give them away. Drain your fuel tank on gas-powered equipment like trimmers, chain saws, and lawn mowers.
- Notify the Post Office. Get change-of-address forms. You have to fill out a form for each person receiving mail at your address.
Two weeks before
- Make your travel reservations.
- Decide which items you will pack.
- Transfer or close charge accounts.
- Return library books as well as other things you have borrowed
- Collect items you have loaned and items in layaway or cold storage. Pick up dry cleaning
- Arrange for utilities, cable or satellite TV disconnection
One week before
- Transfer bank accounts. Ask your local credit bureau to transfer your records to your new city.
- Arrange to have cash ready.
- Set aside your flashlight, maps, snacks, games or other items you will take in your car.
- Gather medicines and important papers.
- Drain water from all garden hoses
- Start packing suitcases.
The day before
- Pack the items you will need right away in a special box to be loaded last and unloaded first. You’d want to include items such as phone, cleaning supplies, medical supplies, toiletries, paper and pen and so on.
- Finish packing your suitcases.
- Defrost, clean and dry your refrigerator.
The moving day
- Make a final check of every room and storage area. Make sure that all of your doors and windows are locked, the lights are out and the keys transferred.
In need of professional movers to make your move smooth? Just call us Brickell movers. We will gladly help you make your move a smooth process.