Move by Yourself or Hire a Miami-Dade Moving Company?
This is a question that all people on the move have. And like many, if not most, decisions, the answer is different for everyone. After all, it depends on several factors. For instance, money, time, difficulty and the complexity of the move. Now, let’s see whether you should move yourself or hire a moving company.
How much stuff do you have?
You can use the guide most truck use and count the number of bedrooms to get a general idea. Here is some example.
- 10’ will move an apartment
- 14’ will move 1 to 2 bedrooms
- 17’ will move 2 to 3 bedrooms
- 24’ will move 3 to 4 bedrooms
- 26’ will move more than 4 bedrooms
How far are you moving?
You need to calculate the type of your moving (one-way or return), gas costs and mileage.
When you are moving one-way, the cost can increase by 50% minimum. And that is just on the cost to rent a truck to move from point A to point B. What about other things such as gas costs and mileage? You must factor both of those to determine the cost of renting a truck to compare it with hiring a moving company. If you already calculated them, call some moving companies. Ask for a sample quote over the phone. Or you can search it on the internet. However, if you want to get the accurate estimate, you will need to allow them to come to your home. Now, you have a comparison of the cost of moving it yourself and hiring a company.
If this is all that you are concerned with, you can pretty much stop at this point and make your decision. However, if there is something important for you other than the cost, such as time, you need to weigh the various options you have.
Below are the final questions that you need to answer to help you decide:
- How much time will it take to pack your stuff, pack your stuff and drive it all to the destination?
- Do you have additional help? Family, friends, neighbors or colleagues that can lend you a hand?
- Do you have fragile or any other special items that need special handling? Can you move these items by yourself?
- Will you need to rent some additional equipment, supplies or hired hands to move larger items like appliances?
- Are you confident that you can move your household stuff safely?
- Are you aware of the potential costs that can creep into your moves, such as packing supplies, breakage or injury?
Of course, there is no one-size-fits-all solution here. However, if
- Time is your priority
- There are special items that require special handling
- You don’t want to disturb your family, friends or colleague with the moving
Hiring a moving company is a better option. And, hire a local moving company. If you are in Miami-Dade County then you should hire a Miami-Dade County moving company to help you out.
Moving Services in Miami-Dade County
Movers in Fisher Island Florida
Mudanzas Miami Movers
Movers in Sunny Isles Beach Florida
Movers in Surfside Florida
Movers in West Miami Florida
Movers in Aventura Florida
Movers in Bal Harbour Florida
Movers in Coconut Grove Florida
Movers in Coral Gables Florida
Movers in Cutler Bay Florida
Movers in Doral Florida
Movers in Florida City Florida
Movers in Hialeah Florida
Movers in Hialeah Gardens Florida
Movers in Homestead Florida
Movers in Kendall Florida
Movers in Key Biscayne Florida
Movers in Medley Florida
Movers in Miami Beach Florida
Movers in Miami Florida
Movers in Miami Gardens Florida
Movers in Miami Lakes Florida
Movers in Miami Shores Florida
Movers in Brickell Florida
Movers in South Beach Florida
Moving to Miami Springs Florida
Moving to North Bay Village Florida
Moving to North Miami Beach
Moving to North Miami Florida
Moving to Palmetto Bay Florida
Moving to Pinecrest Florida
Moving to South Miami Florida